Saturday, January 5, 2013

Can't change!

copyright 2013 Bethany Guthrie (jk) This is what the clams I remember from the beach look like growing up. But I haven't been to a beach in over two years so my memory is fuzzy.

I've tried to be content at home, just me and Carson, without a car most of the time. I do chores, go online, play with Carson, watch netflix, do projects or crafts, etc. Then I sit down as Carson crawls all over grabbing things, and I just watch him. I just sit there. I ignore the urge to call someone up. I keep sitting there. I ignore the creeping feeling of loneliness and I sit there.

Granted the above occurrence can only happen once a day and lasts about 2 minutes. That's because I'm pretty busy. But still, I can't change! I can't change the fact that I am extroverted and have this need to see other adults and share our lives together!

What makes this problem worse is that David comes home from long hours at work all tired and worn-out and sick of interaction with others. He always makes an effort with us and he's an awesome husband and father.

But God has wired each person differently. I know tons of people that would be happy as a clam to stay at home and see no one else all day.

I don't know how they do it.


4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Bethany! I was actually one of those weird people who stayed home day after day contentedly without a car for many years while my two kids were growing up. But I know for many moms, it is soooo hard! You are a great wife and mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl :) I was reading your post and was just wondering why you were ignoring the urge to call someone up? Maybe I missed the reason in your post?

    Praying for you,
    Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! you're sweet for asking! Sometimes I like to call people too much or too often, so that's what I was referring to when I said that. I know it sounded weird when I said it, but if I called people as much as I felt like it (we're talking every day) they would get pretty annoyed... hahaha. But I definitely don't always refrain :)especially with my mom!

      Delete

What do you think?