Saturday, January 12, 2013

This week's highlights

Do those fingers taste good?
This week actually had highlights so I thought I'd write 'em here! 

The biggest blessing for our family this week was David's job at Sacred Heart being made year-round. God continues to provide work for him and one of the results is that I continue to be a stay-at-home mom :) The best part is, though his job is in a different part of the school, they are honoring his current wage and even letting him work the same hours in the afternoons. Sacred Heart has always been very good to David and has honestly been the best employer ever. 

Other than that, I sought fellowship with ladies from church and we spent some time together this week! I enjoyed seeing Becca and Angela. I also enjoyed helping Beth out after she got a root canal. I love her kids. 

But while me and Carson were there we shared the stomach bug germs. (But honestly, I'd rather get sick a little more often and be involved in each others' lives than be healthy but home alone. ...Though I'm pretty sure we were the carriers of the germs, which I still feel bad about.) For all these things David graciously either watched Carson or dropped us off before going to work.

The downside of this week is missing Elsbeth's baby shower :( I had a gift (well, gift(s)) all prepared for her, but as we are not in the clear with the stomach bug, there was no way I was gonna risk it. I just hope the next time I write here doesn't include the words, "Then I got the stomach bug" or, "David got it too". I used lysol, bleach, and all the laundry is done. One can only hope and pray.

Oh and by the way, cloth diapers hold in diarrhea way better than disposables ;)


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that part about you missing Elsbeth's baby shower was a real bummer!

    Now really, can Carson get any cuter??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that sweet picture! So excited about Gods provision for you guys through David's job.
    And the diarrhea line...too funny.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?