Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Homemade Meatballs

I almost fainted last night. When I put my first ever homemade meatball into my mouth, that is! 

blurry cell phone picture and marred the beauty of the meatballs
Recipe picture... you just smash it all by hand!

I found it here on Pinterest. It looked to me like one those trashy, fake recipes that never really work or tastes really odd (for some reason Pinterest has a lot of those). But not this one, oh no! Not only did it make only 1 pound of ground beef go really far, but it was relatively quick to prepare as long as the ingredients are on hand!

I had one problem though. Either 30 minutes on 350 is too long, or I need to cook them on parchment paper or spray the tray. I had to pry them off with a fork and scrape the pan. I should know better, right? (oh look, the recipe picture has parchment paper in it...) What would you do? 

Here it is:

Incredible Baked Meatballs. 
1lb hamburger, 2 eggs, beaten with 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan , 1 cup panko or bread crumbs, 1 small onion, minced, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, freshly ground pepper to taste, 1/4 cup minced fresh basil.

 Mix all ingredients with hands. Form into golfball sized meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! Those look delish! I might make those this weekend with spaghetti! Go Bethany!:)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?