Friday, January 11, 2013

Plans foiled

I had plans today to clean the whole house, but instead it will be getting messier (and germier!). I hate the stomach bug, but it does bring our family together! haha.

So while Carson naps and David catches his sleep after UPS, I'm working on one of my little side jobs - editing papers for an international seminary student. I met her while we worked together at Southern almost 2 years ago now, and she pays me to edit her papers for grammar and clarity of thought. 

It's a really interesting perspective, doing this. I get to see into the mind of someone who is not American and someone who has a huge heart for missions. But also from the perspective of translation. I have to be very careful to not impose the meaning I gather from what she writes over the meaning that she intended to write. Not only would this be unethical, but it would change her meaning, perhaps without her realizing it! The meanings of words can be so subtle at times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?