Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy News




I thought it would be interesting to read later on what all my thoughts were in the first 4 hours of finding out we are having our 2nd child (in chronological order):

-(looking at the two positive pregnancy tests with Carson complaining in the background because I left him alone for 1 minute) Oh snap. Too late to prevent this (as in I wasn't sure if I was ready)
-*tears of joy*
-Woohoo!!!
-Tell Carson he's gonna be a big brother! give him hugs and kisses.
-There's a little heart beating inside of me!
-Make a sign to surprise David when he pulls into the driveway in 5 minutes. (sign said, "Dec. 2013 <3")
-Oh yay I get to make that 2nd child announcement shirt I saw in Pinterest! (Only Child, expires such-and-such date)
-Oops! better feed Carson. Hands shaking in excitement, too excited to decide what to feed him! shaking too much to buckle his high chair! Just give him cheerios for now.
-*David sprints inside and we hug and cry*
-Call parents! grandparents! siblings! close friends! Can't wait to tell them!
-Oh yeah... a two year old and a newborn - LOL.
-We really need some more cloth diapers!
-Lots of texting and calling!
-So excited I'm queasy. That Ham and Bean soup suddenly doesn't smell so good. It's all in my head.
-Lets discuss what we want to do about some things - I'd like to keep the name to ourselves until he/she is born.
-Operation VBAC - eek!
-Yay! now we have extra motivation to get the basement back in order!
-Children are such a blessing from the Lord. He has truly blessed us with another.
-Praying I don't miscarry, but trusting that this child is in His hands whether in my womb or in heaven!
-Wondering how many kids we will have in total some day, and when/if we can adopt.
-God is making my heart bigger.
-I want toast.
-Now I can put the impossible venture for flat abs on hold for at least another year :)
-Yay!

Please don't say anything on FB yet :)

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you will love being able to read all these thoughts someday in the future! I love that you and David are filled with JOY at God's gift of another baby! That is so refreshing to me, when I've heard so many women (sometimes even Christians!) moan about being pregnant. Each and every life is a precious and valuable and miraculous creation of our loving Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yeah, I thought I'd moan too if I was, because i was trying to tell David we should wait a little longer, that we have too much going on, etc. etc... but it's never *really* the "right" time to have kids. Anyhoo, we were still floored! There is already a little life and heart beating inside of me!

      Of course there are things to moan about in pregnancy... haha.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, moaning about the things IN pregnancy is different that moaning about actually BEING pregnant. One is completely understandable, but the other is complaining about God's good gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations friend!!! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?