Thursday, October 3, 2013

I QUIT!

This evening I am feeling a tremendous sense of relief, as if a heavy burden has been lifted off of my shoulders. Or the freedom a woman might feel in breaking up with an abusive boyfriend.

I've quit cloth diapering. Cold turkey. I just removed my last cloth diaper (filled with squishy nasty poop) and cleaned it and threw it in the wash with my last load of cloth diapers. I have several lightly used or never worn diapers that I'll be selling, along with cloth wipes, extra inserts, a pail and a wet bag. 

I don't need to explain why, because the past four posts I've written about that explain most of it. The rest of my reasons for quitting include the overall stinkiness, time/energy commitment (laundry involves going up and down a flight of stairs a few times), and probably our old washer and extremely hard water. 

Most of all, cloth diapering was my favorite mothering fetish and took up the energy of my devotion. But no more. I don't have to cloth diaper to be a good homemaker or even to save our family money. I don't have to cloth diaper to be a good mom, in the same way that a lady doesn't have to have a natural (or even vaginal) birth to be a good mom. 

I loved cloth diapers. They are cute. But they are also smelly and incompatible with my life now! I'm no longer asking for advice or tips because I've tried IT ALL. Twice. It didn't work and it's taking way too much of my emotional and physical energy.

Anyone have any good deals on disposable diapers? :) I'm all ears.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl =) We use Walmart brand because they are so inexpensive, and we have never had any problems. We quit cloth diapering with Tessa after I had Josiah and used them solely until she was potty trained. I like Target brand too. No name brands for us!! You might keep like on cloth diaper in case he learns how to take disposable off...we would just put one over he disposable and it worked for awhile! You don't want any fun poop stories like ours =)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?