Saturday, June 8, 2013

The last 2 days


I loved Thursday and Friday of this week because they were eventful and filled with people! On Thursday some missionary friends we knew at MBI who are stateside for now stayed with us overnight on their way from MO to MD! Joanna and Tim we both knew through various activities in college - I was in choir with Joanna and also friends with her at Moody. We stayed in touch :) David and I worked with Tim in the MBI kitchen. They are both fun, goofy, love good food and walking and running. Their ministry in Central Asia is a wonderful thing, though challenging too! They recently lost their precious newborn son Asa and are in the process of grieving. The sweetest part of their visit for all of us was looking at the album of pictures with Asa and crying together. I get teared up just thinking about it. It's nice to be able to see a friend in person and grieve with them, which I haven't been able to do with my friend Lisa :( 

When Tim and Joanna left the next morning, he twin grandsons of some church friends came to spend the day with me and Carson. They were cute and fun, and energetic! Given our limited home space right now with our basement, I planned to take them to the park and asked our loving neighbor Allison if I could borrow her girls to get the boys and Carson to the park safely because we live on a busy road. The girls were such a blessing and were much more entertaining for the twins than I was! 



Nap time took place in our only free room :) both David and Carson were sleeping in their own rooms! Our house was crowded the last few days, but there is nothing quite like being a friend to people and being involved in their lives. I just can't stand sitting around by myself day after day, relying on Facebook to keep me notified of what's going on around me in the lives of people I know and love. I still wish that our society weren't so dependent on such and artificial way of communication. Yet even though I say that, I'm on the site as much as any 20-something! 

Anyway, after the twins left I got to spend time with some great girls celebrating the birthday of another friend from Moody who recently moved here, Sarah (Newell) Leblanc! We met at the Cheesecake Factory and I made 3 new friends, like-minded Christian women. It was refreshing, though needless to say I was pretty tired from all I had done and being pregnant and getting over this stupid cold. When I got home last night I was barely coherent! Poor David :) 

Unfortunately, I only got a picture of my cheesecake, not the people I was with! Haha. 


It shouldn't even be legal.

Well, today (Saturday) is a much-needed family day. We'll probably continue working on the basement walls and go on a walk or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?