Thanksgiving evening Carson woke up in bed and threw up. It wasn't pretty but David and I got it cleaned up quickly. I nursed him again. Bad idea, he threw up again. The poor tired guy slept the rest of the night just fine.
Bad idea 2: feeding him a full breakfast with eggs the next morning, which ended up on the carpet. I took him to the pediatrician and turns out he has an ear infection, which probably developed from the cold he'd been fighting the last few days. The nurse practitioner didn't think he had the stomach bug, but was gagging on phelgm, but my suspicians were different.
Well that night I woke up with it, though it was only as bad as Carson's, it still left me pretty weak and tired. So the next day, saturday, David and Judy and Glenn took care of Carson all day and I stayed in bed. If you get nauseous and dizzy every time you stood up you would too :(
Carson was of course hard on David that day, and there were both pooped. So when the fussing and noise and jingling of Carson playing with keys (the only thing that would pacify him) in the living room stopped, I wondered what was happening. So I hobbled out there to find this :
My boys fell asleep :)
| Always sucking on those same two fingers! |
It looks as if Carson fell asleep while he was playing with the keys. So cute!
This is the only time Carson has ever slept on the floor, but the pictures I've seen of friends' toddlers falling asleep while playing have always been so cute! He woke up as soon as David's parents got back from shopping.
Oh but it gets better! That night Judy, David's mom started up on the stomach bug too. That's 3 out of 5 so far! They ended up leaving today (sunday) a day earlier than planned. Nothing like the stomach bug to make Thanksgiving memorable, or to ruin the taste of good food as it comes back up... hahaha.
I love those pictures! Too cute!
ReplyDelete