Sunday, November 25, 2012

Snapshots of Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was memorable to us in many ways! First of all, as always we can't travel because of David's supervisory role at UPS during 'peak season'. I missed my parents and bro, but luckily his parents came, and we invited a few orphaned family friends Thanksgiving day as well. 

Second, I went out of my cooking comfort zone! I made things from scratch that I haven't before, and the result was okay. 


I made this pie and crust from scratch

Stuffing getting ready to be dried in the oven 

veggies for stuffing

getting the table ready

My turkey with honey-herb glaze... had to get that shiny skin picture in somewhere!

No Thanksgiving dinner is complete without a begging animal, preferably a dog. He came with David's parents!


I almost went to the extra trouble of making some amazing sign from Pinterest, but then 8-year-old Maddie came with her own! Problem solved :)


Here are some of our honored guests!


Tessa being silly

The Jenkins', minus Josiah who is sleeping in the other room

Some of the Preston kids

hahaha... After I took this picture, Allison kindly asked if I warn her before I do that! Glenn is feeding Skipper, Logan is talking to Judy,  Maddie is telling it like it is

Lest you think our Thanksgiving was all peachy, stay tuned... the stomach bug made it's appearance that night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?