Saturday, February 9, 2013

Late January early February pics and fun!



We paid a friend, Courtney, so we went on a date with a gift card to Comfy Cow, a local ice cream place.


Friends from our church were replacing ALL of their living room and kitchen furniture, and they were generous and wanted to bless someone! So look what we got for them! crazy, huh?


The hutch from our church friends. This kind of generosity is normal in our church.
Another view of that furniture
These are the heirloom seeds from David's Christmas money for our garden!

Here's the mulch/compost we got for our garden. We're still working on shoveling it, but we're about halfway done!
On February 8th we had a freak warm day, in the 60's! So Carson helped me shovel, sorta

I tried going to Starbucks with Carson, but not much relaxing took place. From L to R: my spinach feta wrap, Carson's sippy, my iced mocha, and Carson's food! He got a lot of attention. I also ran into a girl that was in the choir I accompanied for 3 years ago! wait, 4.

After Starbucks I took Carson to a more kid-friendly place. The Rec Center @ the Seminary.

It was so cute watching him play with the trains!


Carson's almost 14 months and is sleeping with blankets and snuggling with them. We'd been using a sleepsack up til now! :)

Carson and Daddy: best buds :)


A gentleman and a scholar, in his new sweater, standing by our fine furniture.

Carson and Mama :)

4 comments:

  1. Love those pics. What a blessing for the furniture, eh? Wow--its beautiful! We are kinda in the same position--unfortunately, its not a couch....but we have a end table/coffee table, lamps, and a entertainment center--all from the family I work for. Such a blessing! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! The other good thing about hand-me-downs is you don't care as much if you scratch them.

      Delete
  2. What generous friends! I know you and David would do the same thing were you in their position. The furniture is super nice looking, and I especially love the hutch. I can tell you are really, really enjoying that ice cream in the first picture, and I love the pictures of Carson with David and with you! :) You three are just an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks Laura! that ice cream was called "Chocolate squared". :)

      Delete

What do you think?