Saturday, April 7, 2012

change

I don't like change anymore. In college and high school I loved going new places and being busy all the time. But since marriage I love being settled down, doing a routine and having a place for everything and everything in its place. I even watch the same movies and TV shows over and over rather than watch new ones.

Don't get me wrong, new things are great and fun. But I need to truly learn how to cope with change. I am still in shock that we are not only moving to Jeff, but settling there for several years. I am also in shock that we're leaving this apartment complex where I have some good friends. We're leaving the apartment we have always known since becoming husband and wife. It's just a little weird.

I thank God for this new blessing, but I have found that when God blesses it's more than just ease and comfort. It's usually responsibility and a little hardship mixed in. So in order to handle my fears of things going wrong through this big change, I tend to plan waaay ahead by already starting packing, planning how I will do yard work and what we need for it, being super duper diligent with all of our documentation for the loan...

Ok, so I just wrote that for the purpose of records. We'll see how things go in hindsight, and then we will all see that change isn't all that bad.

1 comment:

  1. I, at times, feel the exact same way about change. Change has always been a mixture of excitement and fear for me...Usually I can often in the midst of change find a middle ground of just "being". I'm excited about your change, it is coming very quickly ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?